Selection from “Star Palate, Celebrity Cookbook for a Cure”.
- 1 ½ pounds cooked bay shrimps, drained well
- 1 small savoy cabbage or Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced on the bias
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ½ sliced water chestnuts
- ¼ cup chopped, salted peanuts (optional)
- ½ cup thin matchstick strips carrot
- Crispy rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp thick teriyaki sauce
- 1. Combine shrimp with salad ingredients.
- 2. Separately toss topping ingredients together.
- 3. Dressing: Stir all ingredients together. Reserve.
- 4. Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing. Serve salad sprinkled with topping.
Yields 4 servings.