From Chef Michael Smith, an advocate for simple, sustainable, home cooking
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- White sugar for rolling
- 1 jar of your favourite jam, jelly, or marmalade
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir together until smooth.
- Using a spoon, for 1-inch. Roll each in granulated white sugar then place on baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Gently push each cookie down with the back of a small spoon, flattening it and forming a small depression in the center. Fill the center with a small spoonful of your favourite jelly.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or so.