- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Lundberg California White Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1 (32 oz) container low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a 2 or 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large saucepan; add rice, almonds, and shallots. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the rice mixture dried fruits, salt and thyme to the broth. Stir and let stand for about 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot.
Yields 6-8 servings.