- 2 cups (500mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups (175mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250mL) apple juice
- 1/3 cup (75mL) butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500mL) chopped fresh rhubarb (12 oz/375g, about 6 stalks)
- 2 Tbsp (25mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) cinnamon
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In medium bowl, beat eggs; stir in apple juice, butter and vanilla; stir into dry mixture until just combined. Stir in rhubarb just until evenly distributed. Spoon into greased 9x5 inch (2L) loaf pan.
- TOPPING: In small bowl, combine brown sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake in 350F (180C) oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out of pan and let cool completely on rack.
Yields 1 loaf of 16 slices or 18 muffins.