From Alton Brown of “Good Eats” as seen on the Food Network
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 10 to 12 medium size strawberries, halved
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted*
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, vanilla extract and salt.
- Season with pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place all fruit and nuts into a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add dressing, toss and serve.
*Bake nuts on cookie sheet in 300F oven just until walnuts smell nutty and toasty, then cool.