Gluten Free Pizza Crust Recipe
• 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
• 2/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
• 1/2 cup tapioca flour
• 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
• 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
• 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 1 to 1-1/3 cups brown rice flour
• Pizza toppings of your choice
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the tapioca flour, milk powder, xanthan gum, gelatin, Italian seasoning, vinegar, oil, salt, sugar and 2/3 cup brown rice flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining brown rice flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Add toppings of your choice. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and toppings are lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.