Tropical Baked Oatmeal Muffin Cups
• 2½ cups gluten free oats
• ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• ½ cup cashews, finely chopped
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp ginger
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 super ripe bananas, smashed
• 1 cup lite coconut milk
• 1 egg
• 2 egg whites
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted and cooled
• 2 large Kiwi fruit, finely diced
• 1 cup pineapple, finely diced
• 1 large Kiwi fruit, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, cashews, baking powder, ginger, and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix together the banana, coconut milk, egg, egg whites, vanilla, coconut oil, diced Kiwi fruit and pineapple. Combine the wet with the dry and let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
4. Spray 24 regular-sized muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or use silicon muffin tins.
5. Divide the batter between each of the muffin tins. Smooth out the surface, then top each with a slice of Kiwi fruit.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until you see a very light golden brown color along the edges. Allow them to cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes before removing them carefully from the tin.
7. Enjoy immediately, or pop into a freezer bag and freeze. When ready to eat, either simply thaw in the fridge over night (and enjoy at room temperature) or pop it into the microwave for 20 seconds to enjoy warm.