• 1/4 cup butter, cubed
• 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 to 2/3 cup milk
1. Place butter in a 9-in. square baking pan; place in a 425° oven for 4 minutes or until melted Remove from the oven; set aside.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl; gradually add enough milk to form a soft dough.
3. On a floured surface, knead 4-5 times. Roll out into an 8-in. square; cut in half with a sharp knife.
4. Cut each half into eight strips. Dip each strip into melted butter in pan, carefully turning to coat; arrange in rows in pan.
5. Bake at 425° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 16 breadsticks.