- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- A Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1 Ontario egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ontario milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) Ontario Raspberries
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated orange rind
- In large bowl, sift together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, combine sour cream, egg, milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl, gently combine 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) of raspberries, brown sugar and orange rind.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture; mix well.
- Spread batter evenly into greased 9-inch (2.5 mL) springform pan. Spoon raspberries over top, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border uncovered.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean; let cool. (Raspberry centre will seem wet but will firm up as torte cools.) Cover with plastic wrap; chill for at least 4 hours or for up to 24 hours. To serve, top with remaining raspberries.