• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1. Toss cranberries with 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, spices, baking soda and remaining all-purpose flour. In another bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 42-48 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).