• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 onion
• 2 clove garlic
• Kosher salt and pepper
• ½ tsp. smoked paprika
• 1 can chickpeas
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• 1¼ lb. cod or halibut fillet (1 in. thick)
• ½ c. fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the paprika and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the chickpeas and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
3. Season the fish with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and nestle it among the chickpeas. Simmer, covered, until the fish is opaque throughout and the sauce has thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve topped with parsley.