Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
• 1 cup whole raw almonds
• 2/3 cup lightly packed pitted Medjool dates
• 1/2 cup dried cherries
• 3-4 tbsp dark chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup raw pecans
• 1 or 2 pinches fine sea salt, to taste
1. In a food processor, process the almonds until finely chopped. It’s ok if some bigger pieces remain. Just be sure not to pulverize it into a flour as you want some texture.
2. Remove 1/3 cup of the processed almonds and set aside for the final step.
3. Now, add the pitted dates and dried cherries and process until finely chopped and sticky. A dough ball will start to form.
4. Add in the chocolate chips and pecans and process until they are chopped. Add salt to taste and pulse the mixture. Finally, pulse in the reserved 1/3 cup almonds. If the dough is too dry to roll into ball, add water, a teaspoon at a time, until the dough comes together.
5. Roll into small balls. Place in a container or baggie and store in the fridge or freezer.