• 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
• 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
• Half Ontario Greenhouse Sweet Yellow Pepper, chopped
• 2 cups (500 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
• 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano leaves
• Pinch each salt and pepper
• 4 Ontario Eggs
• 4 corn tortillas
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded aged Ontario Cheddar Cheese
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh Ontario Coriander, chopped (optional)
• Hot sauce, optional
1. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and yellow pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. With the back of a large spoon, make 4 wells in sauce. Break egg into each well. Reduce heat to medium-low or low; cover and cook until eggs are firm, 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Heat tortillas in microwave until warm, about 20 seconds. Place 1 tortilla on each plate. Place egg on each tortilla. Divide sauce over egg, sprinkle with cheese, and coriander, if using. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
Tip: Small flour tortillas can be used instead of corn tortillas.