Blueberry Fruit “Sushi”
• ¾ cup short grain rice
• 1 ¼ cups water
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• Pinch salt
• ½ cup coconut milk
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ cup blueberries
• ½ avocado, cut into 2 inch batons
• 1 small peach, apple or plum cut into small cubes
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
• 1 cup frozen blueberries
• 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
• 1 tablespoon honey
1. For the rice: In a medium pot over medium low heat, combine rice, water, sugar and salt.
2. Cook about 15 minutes until rice has absorbed the water and is cooked through but still firm.
3. Stir in coconut milk and vanilla. Mixture should be thick. Let cool.
4. On a piece of parchment paper with wet hands pat half of the rice into a 7 x 5 inch rectangle.
5. Lay half of the blueberries along the long end of the rectangle. Add half of the avocado and apple slices.
6. Roll up in the parchment to enclose the fruit and form a long tight roll or log .
7. Unroll the parchment; cut the rice roll crosswise into 1 inch pieces to make “sushi rolls”.
8. Repeat with remaining rice mixture and fruit.
Dipping Sauce Instructions
1. Combine blueberries, yogurt and honey in a blender. Puree until smooth.