Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup diced apples (about 1 medium apple)
• 1/2 cup applesauce
• 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
• 2 eggs, at room temperature
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Lightly grease (or spray with nonstick cooking spray) an 8- by 8-inch glass baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt. Mix in diced apples, applesauce, milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir in coconut oil until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with optional garnishes, such as warm milk drizzled over the top and additional chopped walnuts.