Salted Chocolate Avocado Pudding
For the pudding:
• 3/4 cup (140 g) packed avocado (from 1 medium avocado)*
• 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons (30 mL) brown rice syrup**
• 2 tablespoons (30 mL) coconut oil, melted
• 2 tablespoons (30 mL) unsweetened almond milk
• 1 tablespoon (15 mL) natural smooth roasted almond butter
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
• Coconut Whipped Cream
• Fresh berries
• Finely chopped almonds or other nuts
1. Add the avocado, cocoa powder, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, melted coconut oil, milk, almond butter, vanilla, and salt (start with 1/4 teaspoon) into a food processor. Process until super smooth, stopping to scrape down the side of the bowl as needed.
2. Taste and adjust salt and sweetener, if desired.
3. Spoon into an airtight container, cover, and chill for 1 to 2 hours, or simply enjoy immediately at room temperature.
4. Portion into shallow bowls and top with Coconut Whipped Cream, fresh berries, and nuts.
5. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days. I prefer the flavour when enjoyed the same day, but it's still good the next day too!