Go Pesto, Hungry Girl!
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, or more to taste
- 2 packages tofu shiritaki noodles
- To make the pesto sauce, place all ingredients except noodles in a small blender or food processor, and blend/process until a smooth paste forms. Set aside.
- Use a strainer to rinse and drain noodles well. Pat dry. Cut noodles up a bit, using kitchen shears if you've got 'em.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add noodles and, stirring often, cook just until all water has evaporated and noodles are hot.
- Transfer noodles to a bowl and immediately toss with pesto sauce. If you like, add additional salt and pepper to taste. EAT!