Salted Dark Chocolate Tart
• 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 3 tablespoons water
• 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
• 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
• Dash salt
• 4 cups dark chocolate chips
• 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon large-crystal sea salt
1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. For caramel, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until sugar is melted and mixture is almost clear (do not boil).
3. Increase heat to medium high; bring to a boil, without stirring. Cover and boil for 2 minutes, tightly hold lid of pan down. Uncover; shake pan. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until mixture is amber, shaking pan several times.
4. Remove from the heat; stir in cream (mixture will bubble) until smooth. Stir in butter (mixture will bubble) and salt until blended. Pour into crust; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Let stand for 20 minutes.
6. Pour over caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator about 45 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.