Chocolate-Caramel Cookie bars
I used a brownie mix instead of cake but a gluten free cake/brownie mix would work great! Delicious!
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 pkg. (269 g) Kraft Caramels
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 225-g pkg.) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Beat cake mix, butter and egg with mixer until blended. (Dough will be stiff.) Press 2/3 of the dough onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Microwave peanut butter, caramels and water in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min.; stir until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended. Pour over dough in pan. Pinch small pieces of remaining dough between your fingers; place on caramel layer. Sprinkle with chocolate and nuts.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until centre is almost set. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting into bars.