Rhubarb Ginger Fool
• 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Rhubarb (forced, field or frozen)
• 2/3 cup (150 mL) pure Ontario Maple Syrup
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped candied ginger
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) plain yogurt
• 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- Chop rhubarb into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces, to make about 4 cups (1L). Place in large saucepan along with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the maple syrup and ginger; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until a thick purée, stirring frequently near end of cooking to prevent burning. Turn into large bowl and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whip cream until thickened. Whip in remaining maple syrup, yogurt and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold into cooled rhubarb until blended. Spoon into 4 small parfait glasses.