Anyone else need help to execute perfect hard-cooked eggs?
- To prevent the shell cracking while cooking, piercing the egg’s big end with a simple pushpin is just the thing – not too deep!
- Ease the cold egg into a waiting pot of boiling water.
- Adjust heat & simmer 15 minutes.
- Bring a halt to further cooking by quickly cooling the eggs in cold water (this should also prevent the appearance of that greenish hue).
- For easier peeling, start at the large end of the egg, and/or peel the shell off under cold running water.
P.S. – Don’t forget to store eggs bottoms up! (large end topmost).