From www.ehow.com This is cheap, fun to make, and gentler on your skin than some of those harsh store-bought sanitizers (ours at Foodstuffs are gentle and safe:)
Things You'll Need
- 1 cup 100% pure aloe vera gel
- 1-2 tsp witch hazel
- 3-4 drops tea tree oil
- 3-4 peppermint oil
- Place aloe vera gel in a small bowl, and slowly mix in witch hazel. You don't want the consistency of the gel to become too thin.
- Add tea tree and peppermint oil. Slowly stir together.
- If the consistency is too thin, add more aloe vera gel, one teaspoon at a time, until the mixture reaches a thicker consistency.
- Store in desired container. Use as you would any other hand sanitizer.
Add other scented essential oils to the mix as you wish for a more pleasant smell. If you find the peppermint and tea tree too strong, use smaller amounts - but remember that reducing the tea tree oil will reduce the sanitizing power!
Witch hazel and tea tree oil can cause excessive dryness in people with sensitive skin. If you find this occurring, limit the use of your sanitizer.