here's what the honey candles people have to say about themselves:
"The Honey Candles shop is near Kaslo BC overlooking pristine Kootenay Lake in Southern British Columbia. We are an exceptionally reliable source of beeswax candles... We work to create variety in our lines because we know it makes our customers happy. We have made a commitment to social responsibility and sustainable manufacturing practices.
Here's a snap-shot of what we do:
- Life Candle Program – We re-melt remnant beeswax into recyclable tins and send the candles to families in need around the world.
- Reuse boxes wherever possible. Use boxes made with recycled fibre. Ship on reused pallets we reclaim ourselves. Consolidate US shipments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Select wooden crates that are value added mill-ends made by a local craftsman.
- Choose local suppliers for everything from wooden displays to advertising Installed a double-insulated floor to maximize the benefits of in-floor heating.
- Recycle hot water for pre-heated candle moulds.
- Use unheated storage where possible.
- Our shop is designed to maximize the use of snowfall during the winter for insulation. Every 10 inches of snow is equal to 1 inch of insulation. Some winters we have 10 feet of snow stacked on the side. We use an energy efficient heat recovery ventilation (HRV) system to reduce heat loss.
- Print on both sides of the page (or communicate paperlessly via the net).
- Turn lights and computers off when not in use.
- Print on post-consumer recycled paper. Print our catalog on recycled paper.
- Community Paper Recycling Program–We placed a recycling bin at our local depot to collect clean, used packing materials and shredded paper to reuse in shipping. This project diverts 14,000 lbs of paper from local landfills per year."
Read more on their website www.purebeeswaxcandles.com