How to Roast Garlic
• 1 whole head of garlic
• Olive oil
You will also need
• Aluminum foil, small baking sheet
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 1 head of roasted garlic cloves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel the outer skin from the garlic head, leaving the cloves intact in their casings.
- Slice the top part of the garlic head off, leaving the cloves exposed.
- Put the garlic head onto a square of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic up in the foil. Put it on a small baking sheet and place it in the hot oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove garlic from the oven and unfold carefully-- there will be hot steam inside. You may wish to let it cool for several minutes before unwrapping.
- Squeeze the cloves out from their casings. They will be soft, caramelized, and easy to spread on toast or crackers.