A recipe from Indian Cooking by Madhur Jaffrey
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 inch stick of cinnamon
- 8 cardomom pods
- 8 whole cloves
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- 3 tsp any unperfumed loose black tea
- Put 1-1/2 cups water in saucepan. Add the cinnamon, cardomom, and cloves and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the milk and sugar and bring to a simmer again.
- Throw in the tea leaves, cover, and turn off the heat. After 2 minutes, strain the tea into two cups and serve immediately.
Makes 2 cups