"BABY" AMBROSIA SALAD
From Marcia Dye
- 1 1/4 cups of chilled full-fat coconut milk (take the good stuff from the top of the can first)
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp organic lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
Whisk all together until smooth and put aside.
Any fruit you like, in a big salad bowl - I used a combo about like this:
- 3 cups sweet green grapes
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, sliced and cut into small wedges (you can cheat and buy a naked, cored pineapple from the produce/salad section)
- 1/2 cup (for some of us) OR 1c (for some others of us) maraschino cherries blotted and halved
- 2/3 cup toasted (do it! - totally different flavour) pecan pieces
- 2/3 cup big toasted coconut slices
- ½-1 whole bag of mini marshmallows
Throw the dressing over it and mix quite well before tossing in somewhere between and half and a whole bag of mini marshmallows. I used a bit more than half... I would like to say 2/3 of the bag. Go easy mixing in the marshmallows. Enjoy!