Berry and pistachio muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
• 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
• ½ cup wheat germ
• ½ cup quick cooking rolled oats
• 6 tbsp lightly packed brown sugar
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup Greek yogurt
• ¼ cup canola oil
• 1 orange, grated zest only
• 1 lemon, grated zest only
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• ¾ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
• ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries or blackberries
• ¼ cup unsalted pistachios, finely chopped
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper or silicone liners.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, wheat germ, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, oil, citrus zest and lemon juice with a whisk.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Gently stir in the berries.
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle the muffin tops with the pistachios.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool.