From Hot Off the Griddle #40, June 1995.
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 cup coarsely choped walnuts
- 1/3 cup drained cut up maraschino cherries
- 1 tsp mace.
- Mix All-Bran with sifted ingredients.
- Beat egg slightly, add milk and butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients, mix till moistened.
- Fold in nuts and cherries.
- Spread into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top with with crumble made as follows: brown 2 tbsp butter, remove from heat, stir in 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup nuts and 2 tbsp cherries.
- Bake in 350 deg. oven 1 hour or till done