From Hot Off the Griddle #27, May 1994…but the original recipe is much older!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp cream or milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 cups plain bran
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream the butter and sugar, add the well-beaten egg, the cream, bran, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Mix together 1/2 cup (extra) each of bran and flour to use in rolling out.
- Roll only a third of the dough at a time, about 1/4 inch thick, and cut with a tin cookie cutter.
- Bake at about 350F, about 12 minute (until golden brown).
Makes about three dozen very healthy cookies!