From “Better Homes & Gardens”
If you’ve never had pancakes for dinner… maybe you should try it.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp oil
- margarine or butter
- Mix dry ingredients together in bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and oil and stir (batter will be lumpy). Don’t be afraid to add a little more milk for easy mixing.
- Melt a little butter in frying pan or on griddle.
- Drop batter by spoonful into pan. You can use pancake ring shapes or make your initial or some other pattern in the pan.
- Cook until bubbles come through. Then turn and cook until the underside is golden. Eat and enjoy.
- Mini smarties
- Fruit syrups
- Real maple syrup
- Warmed jam
- Lemon juice with a dusting of icing sugar
- Peanut butter
- Golden syrup