From Deborah Palmer of A Movable Feast
Easy and delicious alternative to fussy dinner rolls... Very more-ish.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking yeast
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Heat milk, honey, 1 Tbsp butter and salt until the butter melts and honey dissolves.
- Transfer mixture to another bowl and allow to cool.
- While the mixture cools, melt the remaining butter and set aside.
- Add yeast to milk mixture. Stir to dissolve and let sit a few minutes.
- Add flour and beat 50 strokes until smooth and elastic.
- Let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Pour one-half of the reserved melted butter into 9 × 9 inch pan.
- Stir the batter down; then drop it in heaping tablespoons into the pan.
- Pour the remaining butter over the rolls.
- Let rise until double in size.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy.