- 2 Tbsp cinnamon bark chips (crush a cinnamon stick)
- 1 Tbsp whole cloves
- 1 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 Tbsp whole allspice seeds
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds (removed from pods)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp orange rind (dried)
- To make mulled wine, pour a 750 ml bottle of red wine and 1/2 cup honey into crockpot.
- Tie 2 Tbsp of the spice mix in a piece of double-folded cheesecloth or a muslin brew-bag and add to wine.
- Simmer on crock-pot high setting for 45 minutes.
For mulled cider, as above, but omit the honey.