From Rose de oliveira
• 2 large green plantains (about 2 cups pureed) the greener the better
• 4 eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla
• 3 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
• 1/8 tsp salt (a generous pinch)
• ½ tsp baking soda
1. Extra coconut oil for frying
2. Peel plantains (I find it easier to quarter them before I peel them) and place pieces in your blender or food processor.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender or food processor and process until it forms a smooth batter (about 1-2 minutes).
4. Heat 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan or on a griddle over medium-high heat. Pour batter into the frying pan until your pancake is the desired size.
5. Let cook 4-5 minutes on the first side, until the top looks fairly dry with little bubbles in it (just like regular pancakes!).
6. Flip! And cook on the second side for 1½-2minutes.
7. Repeat with remaining batter, adding a little more coconut oil to your pan as needed.
8. Recipe may be halfed