Contributed by Pam
- 1 can (213g) salmon, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil
- In a bowl combine salmon, egg, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Form mixture into patties about 1/2 inch thick. Spread remaining bread crumbs, covering both sides.
- In a nonstick pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties and cook, turning once, until hot and golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve on warm buns with tartar sauce and favourite toppings.
- Feel free to add finely chopped green or red onion or peppers.