Mmm! Originally published in Foodstuffs Hot Off the Griddle, January 1995.
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- Salt and 1 tbsp lime juice (optional)
- Place red pepper and onion in a 6-cup microwave-safe dish with oil, jalapeno and thyme.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in beans along with juice, if using, and continue microwaving, covered, for 2 minutes or until beans are hot.
- Add salt and more lime juice if needed.
Serves 4 to 6