From Hot Off the Griddle #23, January 1994.
- 1 Tbsp margarine or shortening
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds, divided
- 1 cup Ontario honey
- 1/2 cup oil or melted margarine
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Using 1 Tbsp shortening or margarine, heavily grease bottom and sides of a 9 × 5 in. loaf pan.
- Coat bottom and sides of pan with 1/2 cup sesame seeds.
- In a medium bowl, mix thoroughly the honey, oil, pineapple juice, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl combine flour, rolled oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add liquid mixture and combine just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts or seeds evenly over top.
- Bake at 350F for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan, cool completely.