From Hot Off the Griddle #18, September 1993.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- In large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, soda, salt, sugar, nuts, wheat germ and seeds.
- Mix together egg, buttermilk and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- Turn batter into greased 9 × 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes, then turn out on rack to finish cooling.