From Hot Off the Griddle #18, September 1993.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup honey or molasses
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whole bran cereal
- 1 cup whole wheat or graham flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In large bowl, combine egg, honey, oil and milk; stir in sugar and bran.
- Combine flours, wheat germ, baking powder and salt, mixing well; add to egg mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- Turn batter into greased 9 × 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes, then turn out onto rack to finish cooling.