A recipe from Cookies! Created by: The Kitchens of Cy DeCosse Incorporated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- granulated sugar
- Line airtight container with wax paper. Set aside. In 2-quart (2L) saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, the apricots, dates and eggs. Cook over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until mixture pulls away from side of pan, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in walnuts and vanilla. Let stand for 45 to 50 minutes, or until mixture is cool enough to handle.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar. Place balls in prepared container. Store in refrigerator.