From Anne Lindsay’s “Lighthearted Cookbook”. We first re-printed it in Hot Off the Griddle #43, September 1995.
- 1 small turnip (about 1 1/4 lb) peeled and cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- pinch nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Steam turnip for 15 to 20 minutes or until nearly tender.
- Add apple and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until turnip and apple are tender.
- Drain well.
- In food processor or blender, puree turnip mixture until smooth (or mash or put through food mill).
- Add yogurt, margarine and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper to taste and process just until combined.
- Reheat in saucepan over medium low heat or in microwave until heated through.
Makes 6 servings.