From Hot Off the Griddle #32, October 1994.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup soft shortening
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt.
- Mix shortening, egg, vanilla, honey until very light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour mixture, oats, nuts, raisins, chocolate by hand.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto greased cookie sheet; flatten with tines of fork.
- Bake 10 minutes.
Makes 5 dozen.