These easy bars will give you an excellent start on the day. They’re packed with essential
nutrients for energy, focus... convenience.
- 6 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown or raw sugar or sucane
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium ones)
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (not instant) oats
- 1/2 cup broken-up walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins or chopped dates or …
Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and beat well. Add mashed banana and salt. Beat all together. Add oats and nuts and stir well. Spread in a greased 8 inch square pan. Bake in a 350F oven for almost an hour until firm. (Check often after 45 minutes.)
Cut into squares when cool.