From Canadian Mennonite Cookbook. First printed at Foodstuffs in Hot Off the Griddle #49, March 1996.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Blend shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar egg, vanilla and half of dark corn syrup.
- Add sifted ingredients and blend well for about two minutes.
- Fold in remaining syrup and quick cooking oats.
- Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Bake in 375F oven for 12 minutes — and enjoy!
Makes 3 1/2 to 4 dozen.