From Hot Off the Griddle #46, December 1995.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp fine coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Sprinkle salt over egg white, beat until very stiff.
- Add sugar gradually, beating after each addition.
- Fold in corn flakes, cherries, pecans and coconut.
- Blend in flavouring.
- With wet fingers pick up about a tablespoon at a time, shape into small logs.
- Arrange on well greased baking sheet.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 deg.) about 20 minutes.
- Let stand a minute or two, then ease off baking sheet with spatula and cool on wire rack.
Makes about 18 cookies.