From Hot Off the Griddle #32 October 1994.
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup soft shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- With electric mixer at medium speed, thoroughly mix shortening with sugar, eggs, and vanilla until very light and fluffy.
- At low speed beat in chocolate, then flour mixture, alternately with bananas.
- Drop by teaspoonsful 1 1/2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- While still warm, roll in granulated sugar.
Makes 5 dozen.