From The Shenandoah Valley Apple Cookbook. We first printed it in Hot Off the Griddle #44, October 1995.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 baking apples, cored
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except apples and simmer 5 min.
- Peel the top third of each apple and place peeled side up in a baking dish.
- Fill cavities with raisins; pour wine mixture over apples.
- Bake, basting occasionally with wine sauce for 1 hour, 20 minutes.
Serve chilled or at room temperature with sauce poured over apples.