From The Shenandoah Valley Apple Cookbook. We first printed this recipe in Hot Off the Griddle #44, October 1995.
- 2 cups apples, unpeeled, cored, diced
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached or rye flour
- 1|Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp coriander (optional)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In large bowl, mix apples and sugar and set aside.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper cups.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add cranberries, carrots and nuts to apple mixture.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Mix dry ingredients and add to apple mixture, stirring well.
- Stir in eggs and oil, mixing gently but thoroughly.
- Divide into muffin cups. Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan, remove to wire rack.