Lovely with a slice of cheddar cheese and a cup of tea. From Hot Off the Griddle #11, February 1993.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Place raisins in small bowl; add boiling water to cover.
- Set aside while making batter.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and molasses.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add bran and whole wheat flour; mix well.
- Stir together remaining dry ingredients.
- Gradually add to mixture in large bowl; mix until dry ingredients are moist.
- Fold in drained raisins.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until done.