Another from the classic “The New York Times Natural Foods Cookbook”.
This loaf keeps a little better than many gluten free products. A handful of walnuts make a nice addition…
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 to 3)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Sift the rice flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together.
- In a separate bowl beat together the honey, oil, and egg yolks and stir the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk into the oil mixture.
- Stir in the banana.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the batter.
- Pour into an oiled 9 × 5 × 3 inch loaf pan and bake for 40 – 50 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Don’t even try to slice this one thinly!