Originally published in Foodstuffs Hot Off the Griddle, May 1996
- 1 cup whole bean flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup soft margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (6 oz./170 g)
- In bowl, stir together bean flour, baking soda and salt.
- In mixing bowl, cream together margarine, granulated and brown sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in dry ingredients until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets
- Bake in 350 deg. oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 36 cookies.